I can't describe more how the internet has become a part of our daily life. I now know it well when I have no easy internet.
This reminds me of life in the 90s. It was different. These technologies were slowly appearing. The telephone was a symbol back then. We had a neighbor who had the telephone, and they were tired of receiving calls from everyone. The telephone set was locked in a wooden box, but as a kid, we learned to deal with the hang press - pressing the hang key number of times, would actually dual the number. And we would talk for hours over the phone. I probably have memorized more than 150 telephone numbers, of my friends, relatives, school, hospitals, and government ministries ( I have no clue why I memorized this, but it was fun). Being able to operate fax was a kind of technical expertise..
Now, the internet is so common that we can't imagine not having it. It is so given...
Just imagine, no ATM, no credit card payment, no WhatsApp, no email, I'm not talking about Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Here life is not normal without the internet but I try to enjoy the evenings. uncluttered. I try to appreciate the free mornings. I read less news. Now books are my new social media. Diary is my new Facebook post. The 90s is back and it's rocking.
Comments
Post a Comment