I decided to resume my blogging (monologue). I will be publishing my old blogs soon. It is important to capture the experiences when they are fresh, I feel my recollection of old Afghanistan days has gone mild. Let me have my Ethiopia experience live. Additionally, it is always fun to share how I see the world. And here we go.....
I came to join a new job in Addis Ababa on 1 March 2021. Ethiopian Coffee has always been on the top list followed by Ethiopian food.
Let's talk about travel first. The Kathmandu airport was a mess. The PCR report has to be signed at the airport by an official, who probably is only obeying orders from higher authorities to do so. The top officials perhaps did not think enough that this would create havoc. There was a long winding queue at the entrance and who knows some 'super spreaders' might have been around. The rest of the journey was nice, except for the pain in my neck while trying to get some sleep.
The hills around Addis Ababa airport reminds me of Kathmandu, a small airport, and friendly peoples around. I was picked up by the hotel The first thing any Nepali would observe in a new place is cleanness and the wide road. Addis toppled Kathmandu.
Now, coffee! The waiting is over and I ordered the coffee. Jabena is very similar to Newari Anti - but the fundamental difference is that Anti is used to pour Aila, and Jabena is for coffee. The aroma of coffee made me close my eyes (of course voluntary, Aila aroma normally forced me to do so). The coffee is way different than the coffee in Kathmandu or illy cafe. The coffee is refreshing. One cup of coffee is never enough.
The coffee cost only 10 Birr which is about 0.25$. I wonder what is Nescafe doing here?
Comments
Post a Comment