Coffee is the first thing in the morning and the last thing before dinner. Here, coffee is everywhere, just like tea in Kathmandu. The coffee shops on the footpath are the best. It is now evening and the curfew is about to start. On the way to my hotel, I stop in a 'café'. And.....
While I wait, I watch tampu, they call it Bajaj, rushing on the road. Toyota Hiace, called minibus, overtaking Bajaj ruling the road - exhausting a thick smoke. The wind brings the smoke toward me but soon an aroma of coffee takes over. Few kids approach, to sell ground nuts. I signal them no. The kid smiles at me and says hello and bye instantly. And the coffee is ready. I forget the count but maybe it's my fifth or sixth coffee today.
The whole day's fatigue simply vanishes with a slip of a coffee.
Someone rightly said that we must save our earth because it is the only know planet to have coffee.
My nose is super dry then. Maybe, it is because of a hell lot of coffee, or maybe dry air. I conclude that it is because of dry air. I continue to enjoy my coffee. Yes, it's dry and windy weather. I finish my coffee and now I look forward to a coffee tomorrow morning. There is no other best way to conclude a day and start a day other than BUN (coffee in the local language).
Comments
Post a Comment