The recent few visits have been amazing. The vast dry land, bare, a very little vegetation, they are the wonders of nature - but the life here is certainly very difficult. There is not much water, some small borings holes downhills, and an oasis. Though the beauty of nature is priceless, the beauty of nature has its price. The beauty explained by a 'tourist' is not necessarily true for the locals, and the smile on the face of locals do not say much about the harsh living conditions.
I feel as a tourist. I am being selfish to enjoy the views, the scenery - and I say they are majestic. I forget about the heated sun, dry air, and skin scale. I continued, "The never-ending plateau, the vast open land, and the hills are rocky." and
Suddenly, I am stopped by my Ethiopian Friends, 'My friend! they are mountains, not hills.' Ops! my apology, I am being a tourist. I have to leave my Nepal hangover. I correct myself, "Sorry, right! they are mountains. The mountains are beautiful. a gentle slopes and ....'
Little further, in an ancient town. we have a coffee break, with the smell of roast beans....



Amazing experience! Great mounds! oops! Mountains!
ReplyDeleteWell said Ashok - "Though, the beauty of nature is priceless, the beauty of nature has its price."
ReplyDelete