For nearly a month, this blog is a long due. I am back. It was a good trip, a long-awaited trip home, after two months, 13 days but only for two weeks. The two weeks went like two days, with many social functions and dinner invitations, of course with COVID precautions.
The hills and greenery were refreshing. Getting around on a motorbike on dusty and muddy roads in town, once again, reminds me of my roots. The capital city deserves to be better. Things have not changed, except for the prime minister.
My little daughter's chatter and TikTok videos were the highlights of my two weeks stay. What else do I wish for? I'm contained.
Being home and being 'here' is contrasted in all ways imaginable. But fundamentally both places are beautiful. Some cross-cutting 'issues' tried to overshadow them.
Life is normal here; life is not normal here, depending open what defines 'normal'. For me, I feel good, running in the morning. The coldness of the air, the warmth of my breath, and trying to revive the physical strength that I used to have when I was in Kakani. I will be there, but kash - Kash. (Slowly slowly in the local language).
Today is Friday, and looking forward to a bit of time in the evening for "a brief answer to big questions" by Stephen Hawking.
TGIF!
Comments
Post a Comment