The roads are wider, no sewerage issues, no dust, and well a planned city. The city center has functional traffic lights. The infrastructures are built to sustain for another 50 years. It has invested in education and art. As a Nepali, it is contrary to typical stereotypes of Africa. It is green. It is beautiful and it is rich.
The African culture is simple - very near to nature - at least in the places I have been to. People are friendly, the coffee is superb and the food is different.
The second largest continent - with vast land and wildlife and heritage. There is much to learn before generalizing this diverse world.
Off the topic, Dashain has started and for the first time, I am away during Dashain. C'est la vie. Many things are for the first time, and I am not liking this one. Anyway, wishing all a happy Bijaya Dashami. May peace prevail in the world.
Comments
Post a Comment