"August is warm in summer", says Kathmandu dwellers.
"Is it?", I question
Kathmandu is one of the best places I have been to. Maybe, I am naive to think so. But, it is true that the climate is perfect for human habitat. Summer is not too summer. It is bright and sunny, and the air is cold. Rain brings freshness.
The rapid population growth of Kathmandu is evidence of its exquisiteness. People may say, they dislike Kathmandu for .... whatever reason, but people do love Kathmandu for one million reasons. And Kathmandu has a big heart for everyone - it welcomes everyone.
The clouds are perfect in Kathmandu, cooling the excessive heat.
![]() |
| @Krishna Dongol |
I can't miss flaunting about its festivals during Monsoon. To name a few of them, Sithinakha, Kwati Punhi, Saparu and Guulaa etc etc.
Bhanu Bhakta said......
चपला अबलाहरु एक् सुरमा,
गुनकेसरिको फुल ली शिरमा।
हिडन्या सखि लीकन ओरिपरी
अमरावति कान्तिपुरी नगरी।।
यति छन् भनि गन्नु काहाँ धनि ञाँ,
खुसि छन् बहुतै मनमा दुनिञाँ।
जनकी यसरी सुखकी सगरी,
अलकापुरि कान्तिपुरी नगरी।।
कहिँ भोट – र लण्डन – चीन – सरी,
कहिँ काल्-भरि गल्लि छ दिल्ली-सरी।
लखनौं – पटना – मदरास – सरी
अलकापुरि कान्तिपुरी नगरी।।
तरबार कटार खुँडा खुकुरी,
पिसतोल र बन्दुक सम्म भिरी।
अतिशूर – र – वीर – भरी नगरी,
छ त कुन्- सरि कान्तिपुरी नगरी।।
रिस राग कपट् छल छैन जाँहाँ,
तव धर्म कती छ कती छ याहाँ,
पशुका पति छन् रखबारि गरी,
शिवकी पुरि कान्तिपुरी नगरी।।

Comments
Post a Comment