The green mountains are visible on all sides of Kathmandu valley.
The weekend social media is flooded with short hiking photos.
Suddenly, there is a plan and I was invited. I accepted but could not take my kids with me. Son had a plan with his school friends.
We took public transportation from the meeting venue to the base of Shiva Puri. It is a joy in itself. It was an accomplishment in itself.
The hiking was nice, sunny, and hilly, with greenery and dusty road. The road was frequented by bikes and 4-wheelers were enough to break the mood, without blowing the dust.
And happy to see so many people come to enjoy nature, which is unavailable in my part of the town.
The destination was a short hike, to the serene monastery. I prayed. I closed my eyes and thanked Buddha for pulling me and for the quiet moments.
A well-spent weekend gives an energy for a weekday. I am energized for the week now.



Comments
Post a Comment