Finally, Kathmandu topped the list of being the first in the world.
What a shame for Kathmandu dwellers - who love to talk about the god and goddesses, temples and stupas, and culture and festivals of Kathmandu.
I heard a lot, about the arati puja of Pashupati in the evening. The spirituality and religion of that event were highly recommended. I attended the arati with my family.
The crowd was waiting divinely when we reached there. The first noticeable was the smell of the river. It was terrible. Bagmati is a shrine river - which turned into a sewerage. The belief of a gateway to nirvana from that river bank has vanished. A dead person, if he/she can, will prefer to keep distance from the Bagmati river for his/her cremation.
Jay Pashupati Nath, I feel for you.
This morning, I passed Teku chowk in the morning. Green leaves have budded out of the tree, declaring Spring. Again I see the heartbreaking scene. The niceness of the tree has been crushed by the road that is always under construction, the honking of horns, the dust in the morning air and the sinners who built the Ambe complex on public land.
I walked to my home looking at the rising Sun and its reflection on the Bagmati River - nature and the ugliness in the same (Shame) frame. 💩
- Minimise plastic
- Maximise my cycling and walking
- Vote for a leader with environmental agenda




Comments
Post a Comment