I completed Crime and Punishment - finally. I’ve recently started reading some of the classics, the books that are often referred to as “must-reads,”. This book is one of the longest books I have ever read. To be honest, I’m not ready to give any profound review of it. I am sharing my experience with reading the book. I started reading the physical copy, but somewhere along the way, I switched to the audiobook so I could listen while running.
They were completely different experiences. Reading a physical book feels like reading, whereas listening is more like, the narrator has more control over it, but I enjoyed the audiobook version equally.
It took me months to finish. It wasn’t an easy read. I completed nearly half of the book on the physical book and then switched to Spotify.
The characters and their details are so well described. The events almost pop out vividly. The monologues and thoughts, and ruminations of the characters - those make the book worth reading. The book is less about the crime than what goes into the mind afterwards. The guilt and remorse of the Protagonist are so well described.
I’ve already chosen my next reads: The Will to Power by Friedrich Nietzsche and A Strangeness in My Mind by Orhan Pamuk.
These aren’t going to be easy, but I’ll keep going. I have to start somewhere for these long books, page by page and chapter by chapter.
Wishing you good luck on your reading.
ReplyDeleteHi Claire, thanks you. Thank you for all your encouragements.
Delete