Exploring the essence of great food is indeed a subjective and personal journey. And the mystery behind a great food can be reasoned with a long list. I can confidently say that Lebanese food is exotic and piquant in its taste. In the last few days, it is proven to be true. Lebanese cuisine carries a distinct taste which often leaves an indelible mark on those who indulge in its flavours.
Today, I took another opportunity to visit a new Lebanese restaurant for the Friday lunch, wishing to taste something new. I am not a food taster nor a food critic influencer, but I believe food is a gateway to understanding culture, society, and history. I am too bad at elaborating on the taste, but the more I travel around, I gradually start to realise food is not only food. It tells a lot about the place.
The warm welcome from the Lebanese-looking staff, with their beautiful eyes and welcoming smiles, adds a touch of hospitality that enhances the overall experience. As the food started to be served, I couldn't resist capturing the moment. The visual appeal and presentation of the dishes add to the aromas and taste. This Friday afternoon meal is special also because of the company and stories that were shared during the food. It was amazing.
My colleague ordered a list of food, I can only remember Hammus (with meat) and Freekeh. I have no words to describe - but to experience the authentic taste. The company transcended the boundaries - turning it into a cultural exploration, a historical journey, and sharing personal stories.
I can now understand why the world craves Lebanese food. A glass of wine with the food, the music, the restaurant set up and many more that I may not have noticed, must have elevated the enjoyment. I admire the richness, not only in the food but overall the surrounding.. WOW!
The Lebanese coffee summarises the fascination of the lunch in the end.
I list of the food to be tasted is still too long and my return date is approaching. I am trying my best. :) Happy Friday.






Comments
Post a Comment