Motivation is temporary, discipline will get me to where I want to be. I am enjoying running. I run to run. I have no aim; I have no benchmarks. I just run - listening podcast. I run around my neighbourhood and after 7-8 km I feel tired but I feel good.
Today, I was about to make excuses. I was about to prioritise my office work and college deadline. I had to prepare breakfast for my son to go to school. He has the morning classes and football in the afternoon. I said to myself, "I will have a shorter distance at a higher speed". So, I only ran 6 km but the speed was 6.1m/km. This is one of my fastest.SHOW UP! when I feel like not doing it. I wear my gear and walk. And I continue.
I try to avoid motivational speakers and self-help books. It makes us 'feel' good and increases dopamine. I hate this guy because he is damn right. We all know what we need to do. We all do - but

Comments
Post a Comment