I participated in a marathon for the first time and have so many stories to share. It was an amazing run and I can't wait to participate in the next one. I participated in the shortest Manju Shree Trail Race, 10 km, to test myself. It was challenging for me, not because it was difficult, but due to my ignorance. The trail running was completely different to running in the plain. Downhill was hard on my legs and the uphill in the sun exhausted me completely.
I was excited initially but nervous as well. I was surrounded by professional-looking participants. To my surprise, they were companions, not competitors. They were supporting, guiding and cheering each other. I made some good friends while running. I realised that runners have a whole new world. Their topics of discussion were out of my world. Now, I am learning a few running terminologies- zone two, posture, VO2 and BPM etc. Plus, I met some superhumans who ran 30km, 50 kms, 100 kms and 100 miles. They were simply amazing creatures.
The trail was beautiful, not easy but the scenery was refreshing. While running, I missed the route twice, it was frustrating. I legged back to the route. The uphill and downhill runnings are breathtaking, in the real sense. I was out of breath.
By the finish line, I was slow, struggling to keep pace. I was super exhausted. I see the organizers cheering and welcoming me. I crossed the finish line and I felt accomplished. I ranked 11th. I was happy that I was among the 'finishers'.
Running is nice and running feels good. I already started to see myself running the next marathon. I visualise - not to win but to run and to collect more stories waiting to be made along the way.
Now my shopping list goes like this - a camel bag, a pair of running shoes, a good Garmin watch and ..no no no stop.. think 'minimalism' and keep running.

Comments
Post a Comment