So, it’s been a month, trying to reduce the screen time. A good progress, I have to say. And I am proud of it.
And, the more I avoid screen time, I start to think about the wasted screen time I could have used in - for example -reading or walking or running.This morning, I am happy that I was not lying on a bed scrolling - I decided to run. Today, the destination was Kritipur. And the trail. By 05:15 am, I was at Chobar, uphill and downhill and again uphill.
But I am worried - seriously worried - about the new generation. I checked my son’s screen time. 5 to 6 hours per day is worrisome. I am researching ways which are less ‘intense’ for behaviour change for kids and myself.
- snatch the phone from the kids. Be rude to them and shout on them. These pampered kids have no idea the physical and psychological effects. No - don’t do that.
- Slowly. Give alternatives.




Comments
Post a Comment