Inspired by a quote from the famous philosopher René Descartes “Cogito, ergo sum” (“I think, therefore I am”), I grounded my thoughts to find – I don’t know what – something meaningful. I wonder if this has to do with the middle-age crisis? Or something else.
I have been writing a few blogs - not realizing that many of them are on running, By no means, can I be categorised as a runner. I started running recently, about two years ago. Slowly, I started to feel something that I had not felt earlier. Running has connected me to my body, mind and many more. It has a profound effect on me.
I run for fun now. Running has changed my viewpoint on pain and pleasure. It has given me confidence and of course good health. Every run is a challenge to be a bit better. I start to eat good food. I am becoming selective about what I eat. I try to attend running events in my town. Surprisingly enough, I have been challenging myself on other aspects - for example my reading habit. These days, I tend to choose a bit more challenging books.
On Saturday, 15 March, I am attending Manjushree Trail Running. I am looking forward to completing my 30 km - all the way from Dollu to Halchowk, Kathmandu. It is going to be an amazing run. I am hoping to complete it within 4-5 hours. Will see, the altitude and downhills are going to be challenging, for sure........ Oh! Chandragiri...
As James Clear, author of Atomic Habits says, building lasting habits requires focusing on identity transformation, as our actions are a reflection of who we believe ourselves to be. And I think, now running has become a part of my routine.
I also take running as practising the stoicism principles. The four virtues; wisdom, courage, justice and temperance; can be demonstrated while running. The comfort to the body is not in accordance with human body evolution. The human body needs movements. I feel much more liberated while on motion. With running, I feel like implementing the self-help books. Just do it. It is about realising good in self, it is ..... (I lack the word to describe)
Running has taught me that existing is not just about thinking — it's about moving, feeling, and striving. Running is about finding the self within.
I run, therefore I am.
Comments
Post a Comment