This week, I had the highest running km in a week. I ran more than 72 km this week. Sometimes I ask myself, why am I doing this? And how did I even get here?
I was never an athlete. Honestly, I am still not. I run slow and I pretend I am fast. It works because I break my own personal records.
Sometime, I get bored on the same route. I change things up. Sometimes I simply switch to the other side of the road. It absolutely gives me a newness. Occasionally, I run opposite way around - and the whole route looks different. It not only excites me but also I feels like I am running on a new location.
Running is difficult but not running is painful. Some morning, the body stages a protest. The legs feel heavy. I do not let them win. They can't simply disobey me. I negotiate with them and saying, "just a few kilometers". As the motion sets, the laziness melts away. No matter how slow, I am not doomscrolling the phone or watching 'motivational' videos on youtube. The real magic lies on doing the thing not others talking about it.
Now I am a firm beliver that motivation is overrated. A prefect moment is a myth. There is no prefect star alignment. The real game changer is a habit and discipline to 'show up'. I tie my laces up and step out the door. Slowly, the excuses are fading and running has become just another part of life.
This Sunday, I had zero motivation to run. After a weekend at Nagarkot with my childhood friends and their families, my body was still in vacation mode. I dragged myself out. One step after another, I forced myself and completed the Ringroad circle. It was my personal record.
Its been nearly two years I started running, I begin to realise, there is no seret formula. There is no motivational quotes. The only way is simple JUST DO IT.

Indeed, it is simply just do it. Thank you for the motivation and congrats in running more than 72km, keep it up, cheering from Haiti.
ReplyDeleteJust Do It - Bravo
ReplyDelete